About Me

A dream I once thought was just a fantasy suddenly became a possibility. Travelling around the world? Really? Just this once I am going to do something so extraodinary that will forever change my life. I don't know why it is happening but I will understand it when I finished it. That I promise.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Farewell my London

Selecting London as my starting point served several purposes. One, London is one of the main hubs in Europe, with plenty of flights to choose from. Two, knowing the language is a big plus when starting out. Three, I’ve never been to London.


Ben & Jack

I knew that there was no way to see everything I wanted to see, so between hopping on and off the double decker bus, taking the tube and a lot of walking, I did manage to stick my head between the gates of Buckingham Palace, find the free tour on the history of money at the British Museum, relax at Trafalgar Square while hundreds tangoed and waltzed to big band music, cross the street without being hit at Picadilly Circus, cruise by the London Eye, the Millennium Bridge, and the Tower of London on the Thames, dip my hand in the Diana Memorial Fountain, and drool over the Food Hall of Harrod’s!


Coppers at Covent Garden


British Museum Lobby


Dancing at Trafalgar Square

I also was able to connect with old friends, including former co-workers Jessica and Sebastien (with Matthieu) at Canary Wharf, University friends Justin and Rebecca (with Aliyah, Aden and Adam) in Chiswick, and a surprise connection through Facebook from a high school friend Dan and his with Katie at Wimbledon. Although we didn’t get a chance to meet up in London, I’d like to thank Marcia and Khanh for providing me with loads of great suggestions.


Sebastien, Matthieu & Jessica @ Cafe Brera, Canary Wharf


Justin, Adam and Rebecca @ home, Chiswick


Katie & Daniel @ the Grid Inn, Wimbledon

So London, thank you for such great memories and a great start to my trip. I already have a list of things to do the next time I am in London!!!

1 Farnham, UK
2 Stonehenge (tomorrow)
3 Pancake Breakfast at Justin’s
4 Writing this blog is my 9-5 job, so this is why I am not missing going to work at this moment… hehehe ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a great time ... wish I were there !!! Keep up the blog ... it's great.

    ReplyDelete